Power Plant Controller (PPC) is an intelligent vendor-independent system for dynamic PV power plant control and grid code compliance, customizable to satisfy any grid requirement while ensuring interoperability with plant SCADA systems. Unity PPC controls the output of the PV plant at the Point of Common Coupling, using the plant inverters, meters, statcom, capacitors, breakers and peripheral controllers – providing near real-time capabilities for plant disconnection or generation stop, active and reactive power control, as well as power ramp rate control.
It offers control and monitoring capabilities to the grid and plant operator, intelligent closed-loop control of active and reactive power, circuit breaker control, as well as monitoring of electrical, meteorological quantities, breakers and power control modes and states.
Interoperable for a wide variety of inverters and meters.
Customizable for new grid code requirements is implemented upon request.
Compatible with grid operator systems , using a number of standard IP or RS-485
protocols (IEC 60870-5-104, DNP3, Modbus) as well as digital or analogue interfaces.
Unity Power Plant Controller allows you to regulate a lot of parameters:
- Active / reactive power control with ramp rate control
- Feedback from generation and compensation equipment, meteo instruments, circuit breakers
- Circuit breaker control, plant disconnection and ramp rates in power up
- Data, digital and analogue interfaces, fully extensible and customizable
- Supporting most inverters, meters and protection devices
- Integration of new devices, grid code or plant operator requirements upon request
- Interoperable with Unity monitoring system
- Active Power Control P
- Ramp Rate Control
- Reactive Power Control Q, Q(P), Qnight
- Power Factor Control cosφ, cosφ(P)
- Voltage Regulation AVR, Q(V), cosφ(V)
- Frequency Support P(f)
- Circuit Breakers control
- Stop Plant Generation